Aaron Gillego joined the WAVE coaching staff in 2022. He currently teaches at Pacific Ridge School, where he also coaches with the PRS volleyball program. Aaron is a recent transplant from the East Coast, having grown up on Long Island, then living and working in Florida throughout his teaching career.
As a player, Aaron was a four-year varsity setter for Long Beach High School (NY) where he was 2x All Conference (1997 & 1998) and All County (1999) during his senior year. He played for Long Island Power (NY) & Long Island United (NY) volleyball clubs. In college, he played Opposite/Setter for Mount Saint Vincent (NCAA DIII), 1999-2002. He recently served on the FHSAA Volleyball Advisory Committee (2020-2022).
Aaron’s coaching experience includes:
● Head Coach 18U and 15U Boys, Ocean Bay Volleyball Club (FL), 2019-2022
● Assistant Coach, Boys Varsity, Cardinal Gibbons High School (FL), 2021-2022 (state
● Head Coach, Girls JV, Cardinal Gibbons High School (FL), 2021-2022
● Head Coach, Boys Varsity, Pine Crest School (FL), 2017-2021 (district finalists)
● Assistant Coach, Boys Varsity, Pine Crest School (FL), 2014-2017 (district title)
● Assistant Coach, Girls Varsity, Pine Crest School (FL), 2014-2021 (state runner-up,
district and regional titles)
● Assistant Coach, Girls Varsity, Miami Country Day School (FL), 2012-2014 (2x district